Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Aquabats

Stephanie had invited anyone and everyone (ages three and over) to go to The Aquabats show with her so I tagged along. We met up with Angela on the side of the freeway (okay the park & ride) and the three of us headed into the city to Slim's. We decided we were hungry so we ordered nachos - who knew Slim's had such good nachos?

The opening act was uh, interesting, but entertaining none the less. The next band was pretty good, a local bunch that reminded me of The Killers. Then came The Aquabats. Apparently these guys have been around since I was in high school! I had vaguely heard of them before but no real experience with them. Lots of energy, as I expected, and very entertaining. They were a very tight band. Did I mention their tight blue spandex shirts, baggy black shorts, zorro masks and helmets?

The absolute highlight of the show, however, was featured guest, Quinn. Quinn is a real superhero, with powers and everything. He can even fly. By the way, Quinn is three. Even though he tried to tell the audience he was five. I guess if you are a superhero it doesn't really matter what age you are. Anyways, after he helped The Aquabats throw away trash on stage during their song, Throw Away The Trash, we got to watch Quinn fly up off the stage, through the air and then do some pretty sweet crowd surfing! It was a real treat and something I never would have believed if I had not been there myself to witness such an amazing event.


Angela shows off her newly acquired skill: The Aquabats sign


Stephanie gets her groove on next to a guy wearing a Van Halen t-shirt. I hope he doesn't jinx the band by wearing their t-shirt. I have tickets to see them December 22nd - if they don't break up before then.

No comments: