Friday, April 13, 2007

Super Diamond

GO SEE SUPER DIAMOND!!!

Now some might say, "Surely, he can't be serious?"

Yes, I'm serious. For reals. Serious. ...and stop calling me Shirley.

It doesn't even matter if you like Neil Diamond or not (be forewarned though, you may find yourself checking out iTunes after the show). These guys rock and they know how to put on a show. That's all there is to it.

They're from San Francisco, they've been around since 1993 and I can't believe no one made me go see these guys already (major props to Colleen for putting the email out about this show). So I feel I must shout out to the world one more time,
GO SEE SUPER DIAMOND!!!

This show was paricularly choice as Bay Meadows was having their dollar night so the ambiance and the venue made the show all the more surreal (how often do you see a show that breaks every 20 minutes so everyone can go outside and watch a live horse race?!). To make it even more surreal and truly random, I kept thinking the bass player looked really familiar. It wasn't till around the second to last song that I noticed he was playing a five string bass and I remembered him as one of the counselors from boy scout camp, Camp Oljato. I'd brought an acoustic guitar my senior year and I remember jamming with this guy, Andy, because he had a five string bass. Random!

No comments: