Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Love Is Chemicals

So I was looking online for some good live music in the city and came across my friends' band, Love Is Chemicals. I met a girl named Jenny last week who lives in the city and she said she likes live music so she was a good sport and checked out the show with me at Hemlock Tavern. The opening band was very, shall we say, amusing. I had to wonder if they were even legal to be in the bar. I just smiled and clapped for them remembering that I'd done some pretty embarrassing performances in my time. Love Is Chemicals was painfully (or pleasantly if you were in the audience) more rehearsed of a band than the opener and has come up with some great San Francisco pop material. I'd listened to some of their stuff on MySpace and liked their mellow pop sound. Playing it live they added a nice energy to it. I think the last time I saw them live was when they opened for Civil War Moustache at a new year's eve party back in 2001. They've matured nicely as a band. It's cool to see them still at it and it appears they are gaining some success. They go on a mini tour of the northwest in a few weeks and are releasing another album soon.

No comments: