Thursday, March 22, 2007

TNF Product R&D (aka: retail camping)



Claire and I decided to do some product testing at work. She is 5'1" so she wanted to see if the Blue Ridge kids sleeping bag designed to accommodate up to 5'0" would work out. It fit her with barely an inch to spare ...which she didn't.

I tried out the Pyxis sleeping bag inside the Bullfrog tent with a Therm-a-Rest ProLite 3 and Compressible Pillow. The Pyxis, which is filled with PrimaLoft, rated to 0˚F and weighs 3 lbs. 6 oz. kept me quite cozy and toasty. I own and use the ProLite 3 all the time and love it, unless I am sleeping at 10,000 feet on top of snow, in which case I think I would want the ProLite 4 next time. I also think I need to pick up one of the Compressible Pillows for general camping. Keeping my head elevated prevents my zees from preventing a tent-mate's zees ...if you catch my drift.

Our little adventure was going splendidly and we were accomplishing so much valuable product research ...until a customer walked in the store.

No comments: