Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Walk At The Baylands

I decided to take my camera and go for a walk at the baylands late this afternoon. As I was photographing this Great Egret, a couple and their teenage daughter strolled up next to me to take pictures and watch the egret preen itself in the light of the setting sun. The daughter had a Canon PowerShot S5 IS but the dad was curious with my setup and the big lens I was shooting with. So I handed him my camera and told him to check it out for himself. We chatted about cameras, I identified some birds for them and then I commented on the mom's Scorpions concert t-shirt. We then talked shop about concerts for the next twenty minutes or so. During my conversation with Johnny, Robyn and Stephanie the egret had finished preening, hopped in the water and was making its way towards us, fishing for minnows. I snapped this picture just as it was moving from sunlight to shadow.



Great Egret

No comments: