Saturday, February 9, 2008

Boarding In Heaven

Heavenly that is! I knew conditions were perfect as I made my way toward the first lift. You know the snow that is usually all wet, slushy and nasty right next to the parking lot as you step onto the mountain? Well it was all dry and fluffy! And though the rest of the mountain was already well groomed over and nothing virgin there was nothing to complain about. It was a warm, clear and calm day with beautiful views of Lake Tahoe. The biggest problem was what to do with the extra layers everyone kept shedding.

The most random event of the day was slamming my knee into an armrest on the shuttle bus before we even hit the slopes. I was still standing as the bus started and then stopped short. I heard a loud bang and it took a moment to realize the pain in my knee and the noise were from the same impact. It only bruised my kneecap and I boarded all day on it, though at less than 100%. The real pain came after sitting still for an hour in the car on our way back to Placerville where an undisclosed, but nurse recommended, number of ibuprofen took care of most of the pain.



The real treat of the day came from the always fabulous home cooked meal provided by Erin's mom and entertaining stories provided by Erin's dad. I love visiting Erin's parents in Placerville. As soon as you pull into their driveway and step out of the car you are greeted by the sweet smell of sugar pine. It's just one of those things that always makes me happy!

No comments: