Monday, January 14, 2008

A Visit To The Dentist

I went to the dentist today. It's been a while. I was kind of nervous. Not from anxiety of sharp objects being wielded within the confines of my mouth or fear of high speed drills wreaking havoc upon my precious enamel. In fact, I have never felt anxiety or fear while laying supine at the mercy of a masked professional trained in the use of sharp objects. No, my nervous state was caused by the fear only that a cavity might be found. Mind you, I haven't been feeling any pain or discomfort that I understand might be associated with cavities. But then to be truly honest here, I really have no idea what a cavity feels like. Hence my fear that one might be found. I would hate to break one of my few perfect records. At least this particular perfect record.

No comments: