Friday, July 6, 2007

The Drive to St. George

My friend Sara and I wanted to join our friend Dave and company in Zion National Park for some good old fashion canyoneering. So in true Robert's Random Adventure Tours style we made a road trip out of it.

Here are some choice moments and memories:
-Our smokin red hot rental car that made me forget my train of thought the second I hit the accelerator for the first time.
-Ten hours of enthralling entertainment watching the thermometer reading on the dashboard soar ever higher.
-Ice cold air conditioning driving through Baker, CA.
-Sara's snoring. *
-A cultural experience named Jenny Rose (restaurant - not a girl)
-Huevos Rancheros
-Fake tattoos
-Some of Sara's music (okay, okay, almost all of it)
-The fact that she didn't complain when I played my Led Zeppelin CD.
-The fact that it was a hundred and what?!?! in St. George (NOT!)
-Meeting Sara's aunt, uncle and cousins.
-Jeff and Mary's generous hospitality.
-Playing boys against girls pool basketball.
-Poolside pizza
- ...did I mention Jeff and Mary had a pool!
-Dust In The Wind
-My very own guest room full of Legos!



*J/K, more like an opportunity for taking in the sights and quietly meditating while she slept quiet as a mouse.

No comments: